Policies, Terms & Conditions
- Pricing quoted is for a one-period charge, which is generally 2 days, depending on delivery and pickup dates.
- Weekend rentals are typically from Friday to Monday with no additional extended rental fees. If you wish to rent items over an extended period of time, please call our office for special rates.
- Charges are based upon time out, whether used or not, so please make selections carefully.
- We require a 50% non-refundable deposit for all reservations.
- The full balance is due no later than 2 weeks before your event date or when your order goes out.
Equipment Add-ons, Substitutions, or Deductions
- After the quote is signed and deposit received, items may be added upon approval and availability and may be subject to 10% restocking fee.
- Additional equipment added to order less than 2 weeks prior to delivery will be treated as a separate order and may be subject to additional delivery charges.
- Changes to orders must be made no later than 1 week before the event date.
- No credit will be given for unused items.
Will Call Orders
- All Will Call orders must have a pick-up and return date scheduled at time of quote confirmation.
- Will Call pick up hours are Monday through Friday 9am to 3pm. Alternative scheduling may incur after hours charges.
- Will Call orders must be paid in full upon signing of quote.
- Not all of the Crux inventory qualifies for Will Call. Please contact Crux for more information.
Payment & Deposit Policies
- Rental items and services are reserved upon receipt of a signed quote, a 50% deposit, and a credit card on file.
- All deposits are NON-refundable.
- The remaining balance on invoices is due (2) two weeks prior to event date or delivery.
- Special order items, custom builds, resale items, and/or sub-rental items all require a 100% non-refundable deposit.
- Quotes are valid for 30 days.
- No credit will be given for unused items.
Accepted Forms of Payment & Late Fee Policy
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or checks. All credit card transactions above $1,000 will incur a 4% processing fee at the time of payment.
- Any past due balances shall incur a $10 flat fee per day from the date due until the date paid.
- The CRUX accounting department MUST approve alternative payment methods. We can be reached at 530-587-8700.
Delivery & Pick-Up
- Delivery and pick up hours are Tuesday to Sunday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM. Additional charges WILL apply for delivery and/or pick up outside of these hours.
- Delivery and mileage charges vary based on geographical area.
- Delivery and Pick Up will be scheduled within a 3-hour window as fits with CRUX. Specific time restrictions for delivery or pick up MAY incur a fee.
- All rentals are a one-day use unless otherwise specified.
- Items are scheduled for delivery the day before and picked up the day after (excluding Monday’s & Holidays) at the standard delivery charge.
- During the busy season (March through September and all Holidays), Crux reserves the flexibility to deliver and pick up (2) days before or after the date of the event. CUSTOMERS will be notified appropriately.
- Delivery and pick up are quoted as a tailgate drop off to a nearby ground level area within 20 feet of parking.
- Portage fees WILL be accessed for stairs, elevators, long hauls, sand, or any other access restriction of the delivery or pick up locations. Please inform CRUX of any of these situations at least 7 days prior to delivery.
- Delivery site must be prepared for delivery as any stand-by time incurred by our delivery crew WILL be billed hourly per person.
- Additional trips to deliver or pick up equipment WILL be charged for mileage and labor per trip.
- Crux personnel are not responsible or available for site preparation that may interfere with delivery or pick up.
- Crux requires a $1,200 minimum spend on any event requesting delivery or pick-up. If a quote does not meet this amount, the alternative is WILL CALL.
- All cancellations regardless of reason that are made more than three (3) weeks prior to the event date will not be charged the final 50% of the invoice.
- No credit will be given for unused items once delivered.
- Tents are temporary structures designed to provide limited protection from weather conditions, primarily sun and rain. However, there may be situations, particularly those involving strong winds and lightning, in which the tents will not provide protection and may even be damaged or blown over.
- Evacuation of tents to avoid possible injury is recommended when severe weather threatens the area where the tent is erected. People must leave the tents and not seek shelter in tents during such conditions. Because it may be difficult to determine if the weather is severe enough to necessitate evacuation, it is best to err on the side of caution. In other words, if in doubt, evacuate!
- CRUX may dismantle any equipment that has been previously installed to ensure safety of all involved.
- CRUX will not provide any refunds due to adverse weather conditions.
- Customer assumes all risk of such conditions.
- RESPONSIBILITY OF THE EQUIPMENT REMAINS WITH THE CLIENT FROM THE TIME OF DELIVERY TO THE TIME OF PICKUP.
- Please be sure all equipment is secured when not in use and protected from weather.
- All collection fees, attorney fees, court costs, or any expense involved in the collections of rental charges will be the CUSTOMERS responsibility.
- Be sure all equipment is returned as specified in the rental agreement policy.
- CUSTOMER is solely responsible for any additional charges incurred as a result of failure to meet these conditions.
Liability Release & Indemnification
- CUSTOMER assumes liability for, and agrees to fully indemnify, defend and hold harmless CRUX, its officers, employees, agents, contractors and representatives from and against, any and all liabilities, obligations, losses, demands, damages, injuries (including, but not limited to, bodily injury, illness and death), claims, penalties, suits, actions, costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees, of whatsoever kind and nature, relating to or arising out of the use, condition (including, but not limited to latent and other defects and whether or not discoverable by customer or CRUX), operation, ownership, selection, delivery, leasing, or
return of the goods and equipment provided by CRUX, regardless of where, how, and by whom operated, or any failure on the part of customer to perform or comply with the conditions of this agreement.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, lessee shall, at its own cost and expense, defend CRUX against all claims, suits or proceedings commenced by anyone in which CRUX is named as a party for which CRUX is alleged to be liable or responsible as a result of or arising out of: (i) the performance of this agreement, including the furnishing of goods and equipment by CRUX hereunder and customers use of such goods and equipment; (ii) or any alleged act or omission by CRUX, and customer shall be liable and responsible for all costs, expenses, and attorney’s fees incurred in the defense and/or settlement, judgment, or other resolution thereof. In the event any such action suit, or proceeding is commenced naming CRUX as a party, CRUX may, in its sole discretion, elect to defend the action, suit, or proceeding on its own behalf with counsel of its choice, and customer shall be liable for and reimburse CRUX for all costs, expenses, and attorney fees incurred by CRUX in such defense.
- Survival of CUSTOMERS Obligations: The indemnities and assumptions of the liabilities and obligations herein provided for shall continue in full force and effect notwithstanding the expiration or other termination of this Agreement.
- In no event shall Crux be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations under this Indenture arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, work stoppages, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, nuclear or natural catastrophes or acts of God, and interruptions, loss or malfunctions of utilities, communications or computer (software or hardware) services.